Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why our Pub is great
Dancing Betty is bright and modern on the outside but has deep roots and a traditional heart. We’re in the Dalton Park bit of County Durham, and our name gives a nice nod to the area’s rich mining history. A ‘Dancing Betty’ is a gadget that miners used down the pits to get the tension just right on their haulage ropes.
We believe the best pub food is fresh, simple, tasty, and makes you smile! Our menu is a big crowd-pleaser and has everything from pub classics to big burgers, grills, sharers, salads, and roasts. We’re big on keeping everyone happy. That’s why we do a whopping range of pub drinks. Cask ales from Marston’s five breweries, beer, lager, cider, a wine list to suit all tastes, spirits, and soft drinks make our bar a winner with everyone. The fabulous patio area was made for sunny afternoons. We’re one of the nicest child-friendly pubs in County Durham. Come over and you’ll find indoor and outdoor play areas to keep the kids entertained. Add a children’s menu stuffed with teatime legends to the mix and you’ve got a pub that’s a proper local hero.
Winner, winner, roast dinner! You can’t beat the UK’s national dish. Our chefs do a lovely carvery all day, every day. Food is always hot and fresh. If you’re looking for top value carvery pubs in Murton, get yourselves over to Dancing Betty. Have a drink, get comfy, grab a knife and fork and dig in. And if you can make room for something sweet afterwards, do it. Our sweet treats take a classic roast lunch or dinner and make it epic.
Food Service is between 10am and 9pm
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus